Message from the Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Hello to the extended Roncalli Family! A few years after cell phones first became the way of the world, this short inspirational memo came across my desk. I have kept it for years now, and try to share it with our students once a year during prayer or announcements.
Although the concept seems quite simple, I have realized what a profound effect these ideas have had on my spiritual life. When we treat the Bible (our spiritual means toward learning and living according to the Word of God) as we would treat our cell phones, I wonder what a difference it would make in our world and in our lives...
Cell phones and Bibles
I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phone---
- What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
- What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
- What if we flipped through it several times a day?
- What if we treated it like we couldn’t live without it?
- What if we gave it to people as gifts?
- What if we used it in case of an emergency?
- What if we used it as we traveled?
- What if we upgraded it to get the latest version?
- And unlike our cell phone, we don’t ever have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus paid the bill!
In reality, I don’t always have the room to actually carry my Bible in my purse or pocket. So this Advent season, I am challenging myself to ‘carry the Word of God’ with me in as many ways as possible. I have put my Bible in my car and have read some scripture passages while sitting at a stoplight or waiting for a train to pass. I have downloaded several new bible apps on my phone and daily readings that I can enjoy throughout the day. I have also programmed a religious station on my radio in my vehicle. I don’t watch much television, but as the commercial says... never leave home without it!
God Bless you during this Advent season!
No events were found.View General Calendar
- (V) Baseball - Lawrence Central (HOME)
Time: 5:30 pm
- Little Rebels Daycare
Time: 3:00 pm
No events were found.View Co-curriculars Calendar
No events were found.View Fine Arts Calendar