Indiana Choice Scholarship Voucher Program Information
Indiana Choice Scholarships Program (Voucher) Information
Choice Scholarship - "Voucher"
There are two components to determining eligibility for a voucher.
- Student eligibility criteria
- Household income limits
If a family meets both criteria, the parents may designate that the state public funding assigned to their child will follow their child to an accredited non-public school. Depending on income levels, there are two levels of Choice Scholarships. Some people refer to Choice Scholarships as "vouchers." For more information regarding school vouchers see the DOE guidelines at https://www.doe.in.gov/choice.
Eligibility Criteria for a Choice Scholarship (Voucher)
To be eligible, a student must satisfy each of the following requirements:
- Have legal settlement in Indiana
- Be between the ages of 5 and 22 no later than August 1 of the school year
- Be accepted for enrollment into a participating Choice school
- Must meet income criteria
- Must satisfy the requirements of one of the pathways listed below.
There are different pathways that enable a student to be eligible to participate in the Choice Scholarship Program. The pathways are listed below.
- If your child received a voucher in a previous school year
- If your child received a SGO Scholarship in a previous school year
- If your child was enrolled in a public school in Indiana for at least two semesters immediately preceding their enrollment at Roncalli
- If your child’s sibling received a voucher or a SGO Scholarship in a previous school year
- If your child has a disability that requires special education services and an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) has been developed.
- If your child would be required to attend a specific public school based on his/her residence that has been assigned a “F” grade.
Income Eligibility Guidelines for 2018-19
- The voucher eligibility of children of divorced or separated parents is determined by using the income of the parent who has legal custody of that child.
- For more household income guidelines please visit this link.
|100% of Reduced Lunch Eligibility||150% of Reduced Lunch Eligibility||200% of Reduced Lunch Eligibility|
|Persons in Household||Annual household income limit for a "90%" Choice Scholarship+||Annual household income limit for a "50%" Choice Scholarship++||Annual household income limit for a "50%" Choice Scholarship+++|
Note: Income levels are to be determined in accordance with the Choice Scholarship Program Income Verification Rules available at https://www.doe.in.gov/choice.
- +For a household size of eleven (11) or more, add $5,486 to the annual limit for each additional member for a “90%” scholarship.
- ++ Add $7,992 to the annual limit for each additional member for a “90%” scholarship.
- +++ Add $11,988 to the annual limit for each additional member for a “50%” scholarship.
- ++++ Add $15,984 to the annual limit for each additional member for a “50%” scholarship.
If You Think You Qualify
If you think you qualify under the criteria listed above and meet the income guidelines, please contact Amy Kuntz, at 317-787-8277, ext 278 to begin the application process. She will help you determine potential eligibility and complete the necessary paperwork.
To apply for a Choice Scholarship voucher from Roncalli, a family must:
- Complete and return to Roncalli the Voucher Information Sheet.
- Complete and return to Roncalli the Choice Parent Agreement Form.
- Submit a copy of the first 2 pages of your most recent tax return.
If you have questions regarding completion of these forms, please contact Amy Kuntz, at 317-787-8277, ext 278.