Scoring A Girls Cross Country Meet
- A cross country team shall consist of seven numbers unless otherwise agreed. In meets, only the first seven on each team shall enter into the scoring
- Scoring shall be as shown in the following table:
Place: First Second Third Fourth Fifth etc.
1 2 3 4 5 etc.
- All competitors who finish the race shall be ranked and tallied in accordance to the above table. The team score shall then be determined by totaling the points scored by the first five finishers of each team. The team which scores the smallest number of points is the winner.
- If fewer than five competitors of a team finish, (or other number specified by the games committee) the places of all members of that team shall be disregarded and the team scores re-ranked.
- Ties in team scoring shall be resolved by comparing the sixth place finishers from the tying teams. The team with the best sixth place finisher shall prevail. If one team does not have a sixth place finisher, the team with the sixth place finisher shall prevail.
- If only five competitors of tying teams finish, the tie shall be resolved by totaling the scores of the first four finishers.
- The score of a forfeited dual meet in cross country shall be 15-50.